Monday 2 November 2009

Day 6

Had them nearly a week now, I was a little worried they weren't eating enough after the first two days (when they woolfed down almolst half a chicken) their appetite seemed to drop off although Sunday and Monday morning two of them were eating from my hand which I think was huge progress.

Unfortunately the third started looking lethargic and couldn't be persuaded to eat at all so on Linda's advice I took them to the vet.
Those cute bundles of fur that had been playing happily all week turned into hissing spitting whirling claw monsters as soon as I tried to pick them up. Four plasters and a pair of reinforced sailing gloves later I managed to get them all into the basket and drove them down to the open surgery.
The black and white one had a temperature and dior..diarr.. you know the word, so had an antibiotic injection, worming and flea treatment. The other two are fine but will need to be kept an eye on in case they pick up whatever bug this one has.

Ill give them a couple more hours on their own before disturbing them, they have had a busy day and Im not sure how long it will take them to forgive me for letting someone shove a thermometer up their bums.

No comments:

Post a Comment